L’imprimerie, centre d’artistes propose an exchange of expertise between disciplines, as well as work and technological approaches, within safe, well-equipped facilities that are suited to the needs of contemporary art practices.
The centre offers its members several specialized resources and services in digital printing, screen printing, plate lithography, intaglio or relief printing and alternative photography.
Self-service use of the studio
Regular members of L’imprimerie, centre d’artistes can access the studios providing they are autonomous in the techniques of their choice, and after having consulted our technical staff.
Inkjet digital printing
L’imprimerie offers professional, high-quality, affordable inkjet printing services. Two formulas are offered: a basic service (A) and a personalized service (B).
Customized services and technical assistance
- Technical support (analog and digital)
- Digitization, image processing and film preparation
- Screen and plate preparation
- Cutting service (with digital printing)
Contact us for more information, or make an appointment with one of our technicians.
Self-service use of the studio
Annual membership is mandatory to have access to the services of L’imprimerie (except for courses and workshops).
When you become a member, you are entitled to one free hour of access that can be used according to your needs for consultation or technical support.
In order to use the equipment at L’imprimerie, you must pay a studio access fee. Whether you come to work for a few hours, a few days, a few months or all year long, advantageous prices are available to you.
We invite you to use the center’s resources during opening hours, by reserving the time and equipment you want by email at email@example.com.
If you wish and if we judge that you are sufficiently autonomous on the equipment you wish to use, you can obtain 24-hour access valid on packages of one week or more.
For all the details, consult the Studio-Use Policy and the price list.
Inkjet digital printing
Formula A : Basic service without adjustment
Files ready to be printed, sent electronically or brought on a USB key
With or without print test
Price = tests and final prints
This simple and faster formula allows you to print files that are already ready for printing. You have the possibility to do tests before the final printing, and then to make the necessary adjustments yourself after receiving your test strip.
Prepare your files
- Prepare your image so that the format corresponds to the desired print size, at 300 dpi (200 dpi minimum)
- TIFF or PSD format, 8bit, RGB.
- If you want borders, please include them in your final file.
- Please make individual files for each of your images.
Send your files
- Please send us your files via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- or bring your USB key.
The maximum delay for your prints is one week*.
No editing will be done. Printing as is.
Make sure your membership is up-to-date to be able to use the digital printing services
*Business day. Please note that we are open from Tuesday to Friday.
Please also include the following specifications:
With or without test
- With test : Testing will be charged according to the current pricing.
Please allow a maximum of 48 hours* for a test strip.
- Without test : The file will be printed as is.
- Between two cartons: cartons will be charged $1.50 to $6, depending on the size of the prints.
- Without packaging: bring your portfolio or your own boxes.
Your choice of paper
- The list of papers and their prices can be found on our price list.
You can consult the catalogue on site.
Formula B : Personalized adjustment
By appointment with a technical and artistic consultant in digital printing
Price = hourly rate for technical support (35$ /h) + tests and final prints
This personalized formula will allow you to benefit from the technical support and advice of our experts. During your appointment, you will be able to make test strips, discuss images with your consultant and adjust your files on site before the final printing.
L’imprimerie occupies a completely renovated 5200 sq. ft. space on two floors. The center favours healthy and environmentally friendly processes and products..
Digital Lab (digitization, image processing)
- 3 iMac computers
- 2 PC computers
- Laser printer: Canon iR-ADV C3826 / 8.5 x 11 to 12 x 18 in
- Color and black & white
- Booklet finisher
- 2 Epson Perfection scanners (V700 and V750) (for film and opaque documents) / 8.5 x 11 in
- Epson Expression 10000XL scanner (for opaque documents) / 11 x 17 in
- Nikon Coolscan V Ed. scanner (for 35 mm negatives or slides)
- Wacom Intuos 3 tablet
- Canon iPF8400 printers / 44 in
- Canon iPF8300 printers / 44 in
- Epson Stylus Pro 9900 printer / 44 in | Converted into Piezography Pro
- Heat press / 32 x 28 in
- 3 large printing tables / 4 x 8 ft (including one light table)
- 2 small printing tables / 4 x 4 ft
- 1 one-arm table / 30 x 44 in
- Exposure unit / 4 x 6 ft
- Stainless steel wash basin
- 3 paper driers
Intaglio and relief printing (intaglio, aquatint, photoetching, photpolymer, woodcut, linocut)
- Large etching press / bed size : 37 x 64.5 in
- Small etching press / bed size : 24 x 41 in
- Nolan press / bed size : 25.5 x 36 in
- NuArc UV plate exposure unit / 22 x 26 in
- Vertical ferric chloride basin / 24 x 30 in
- Metal plate cutter
- Spray booth for airbrush aquatint, compressor
- Hot plate / 24 x 36 in
Plate lithography (polyester plates, photolithography)
- Charles Brand manual printing press / bed size : 30 x 40 in
- Vandercook Universal 1 press
- Kwikprint press (hot stamping)
- Collection of wood and lead types
Bookbinding and finishing
- Chandler & Price guillotine / 19 x 25 in
- Vertical press / 9.5 x 17 in
- 2 sewing frames / 23 in
- Mat cutter
- Magnetic wall
- Tripod and reflector
- Window space measuring approximately 9′ x 7′ x 3
- White magnetic wall, measuring approximately 9′ x 7
- Accessible electrical outlet, lighting to be arranged as needed
Members can take access to the studio and our services. Emerging artists benefit from a reduced rate.
Get one month’s access at $90/month within 3 months of training. (regular rate: $140/month)
* Promotion offered to all our registrants. To be taken within three months after the training.
Get access for $90/month during your studies. Rate available for the duration of your studies, including summer periods. (regular rate: $140/month)
* On presentation of a valid student card.
Contact us to benefit one of this offers: email@example.com / 514 360-1244.
You will also need to become a member.